It has been used as a traditional medicine by the Khoisan people for many years and was later exported to Europe by the Dutch colonists after they learned about Buchu’s antibiotic properties for stomach pains. It was the Khoisan that first called Buchu the ‘elixir of youth’. Today Buchu is used in the perfume, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, tea, aromatic and aromatherapy industries. In the food industry, it is used as a natural flavouring (black current flavouring in foodstuffs).
Buchu oil is a powerful natural resource which, due to naturally occurring components such as uercetin, rutin, hesperidin, diosmin (bioflavonoids), diosphenol and Vitamins A, B and E yields fantastic results without any harmful side effects.
Due to this Buchu can assist in the treatment of:
- Arthritis, gout and joint pain
- Skin conditions such as eczema/psoriasis
- Bladder & urinary tract infections
- Detoxing and digestion problems
- Antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory to soothe and assists with healing of rashes, bites, burns & bruises
- Lowers blood pressure
- Management of healthy blood sugar levels (anti-diabetic)
- Cardiovascular protecting properties
For external use only. Do not use when pregnant or breastfeeding. Always seek expert advice when using essential oils & dilute before use.
The Le Bleu range of natural health and beauty products are:
- Handcrafted by certified Advanced Aromatherapist
- Locally produced
- Only use natural and organic ingredients
- Free from parabens, alcohol, artificial colourants and preservatives
- Use glass and other recyclable packaging where possible
What’s in the box?
1 x Le Bleu Buchu 100% Natural Essential Oil in 15 ml glass bottle