You may be brand new to lashes, or perhaps you are a regular lash connoisseur. However, we think it’s important that regardless of how familiar you are, that you have all the right information to help you take care of your lashes.
Lash extensions are delicate things and do need a little TLC to ensure that they last well. The answer to ‘How long will they last?’ is hugely variable – it mostly comes down to you and what you do (and don’t do) to them.
- Avoid getting your lashes wet within 5 to 8 hours after your application.
- For the first 48 hours after application it is suggested to avoid swimming, saunas or steam rooms.
- It is best to avoid oil based eye products as they will weaken the bond of your adhesive.
- Do not pick, pull or rub your lashes.
- Avoid using mascaras that are not formulated for lash extensions, especially waterproof mascara.
- Do not use an eyelash curler, perm, or tint your lashes.
- Clean them properly, at least a few times a week with a foaming lash cleanser. Baby shampoo (not the conditioning type) in very small amounts is ok too.
- Immediately after the lash application, some individuals with sensitivities can experience minor redness and dry eye. In most cases, this disappears within an hour or so and there’s no need to worry. If your irritation continues, please contact your therapist immediately. You could be experiencing an allergic reaction to the extensions and need them removed.
- It’s normal lose a couple of lashes every day (1-5). Don’t be alarmed if you notice them from time to time (as they are much larger than your natural lashes). The extension falls out attached to the natural lash when it is ready to come out, and a new baby lash takes its place. Some days you won’t lose any, other days you might lose 3 or 4. It’s completely normal and does not mean your eyelashes are all going to fall out!
- It is recommended to come for your eyelash extension touch up within 2-3 weeks to replace any outgrown lashes.
Enjoy your new lashes and we will see you again soon for your next fill!
Do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions